Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall Flowers


I had to recalibrate a little on this one: scratch the falling leaves, bring on the blooming flowers. I guess that's what Taiwan's late autumn time is all about. With the intense heat gone, gorgeous flowers come.

Not too far from where we live in Taichung is a place that offers a festival each year called "Xinshe Sea of Flowers." It's set in open fields with waves of different colors. On the outskirts are bussling markets with all sorts of fruit, deep fried stuff, and mushrooms to buy (this area is also known for growing mushrooms).

I went with the International Women's group on this day tour and met many new people (love that!) In this group is a lady originally from South American, one from Japan, 3 from Singapore and one from Taiwan.

Next to the natural growing fields of flowers is a more artistic display of planted floral designs
 and flower sculptures. 

I dedicate this one to Ben. What a perfect comination of two wonderful things: flowers and biking :)


I really liked these intensly bright colors.

Theo's captured look of naughiness is spot on. He unfortunately wasn't allowed to be out of his stroller very long. Throwing dirt and grabbing flowers weren't festival-approved activities.

To properly recognize the Fall season, here is a photo of a fallen leaf that Theo found in the park. Its size should make up for the fact that there aren't whole piles to jump in!
Posted by Picasa 

1 comment:

  1. Even before that last photo I was thinking "Yep, Theo is sure enjoying the flower activity!" (That poor baby doesn't get to run and be free outside, does he?)

    I'm sure this activity fed your beauty-loving soul.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete