Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sun Moon Lake and the One Cherry Blossom Tree


Sun Moon Lake has been crowned one of the 8 wonders of Taiwan and it's less than an hour drive from our home!  So I'm wondering why it took us almost 8 months to go visit it?

I'd like to think it was part of the master plan to go at the most perfect time of year: 
perfect spring weather, cherry blossom time.
 I'm not sure where all the blossom trees were hiding though. We did find one--and featured it in as many photos as possible :)















 Despite a slight disappointment with the lack of blossoms, we definitely agree with their touted fame that CNN declared  Sun Moon Lake's biking trail to be one of the most beautiful in the world! 

 We rented an adult-kid tandem bike for Julien and I, a totally non-ergonomic bike with a baby seat for Ben and Theo and Ryley's own set of wheels (who was blessed to have its brakes go out at the safest possible of spots...all things considered). We biked around for a couple of hours. Very, very pleasant.



 One reason Sun Moon Lake is so gorgeous is due to its "emerald" water.

 This is Julien by the heart flower bed.
 Sun Moon Lake is also a very popular place for wedding photo shoots. Love the brightly-colored Taiwanese wedding dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment