Sunday, September 29, 2013

My First Afternoon Market!

Theo at the afternoon market
Finally, on my exact 2-month-in-Taiwan anniversary, I made it to my first afternoon market to buy my fresh dinner items. It was awesome!

I just needed my hand held for the first time. These kind ladies I met this week at the IWAT (International Women's Association of Taichung) went with me and showed me the ropes. Rose took my camera and went nuts :)
 
Fresh as they come!...but I haven't reached that level in Taiwan life yet.




Blood sausage, liver and something from the sea
Theo helped choose some good mushrooms from the huge selection
Buying some shuai jiao (pot stickers)
Testing (and not buying) some fried chicken parts...too many bones.
Standing in line at the very popular sushi booth
I practiced how to say "mixed box" the entire line waiting time. Success :)
Learning how to test a passion fruit to find the good ones: you shouldn't feel any movement inside when you shake them.
Michelle and her 2 little girls
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment